Information we cannot process


As an independent charity, there are some instances where we are not the organisation to contact. In some circumstances we are unable to process information being given. Here we have outlined who you should contact according to what you would like to report.
Do you need to contact the police in an emergency?

We are an independent charity, we are not part of the police. If you wish to contact the police in an emergency please dial 999.
Do you need to contact the police but don't need an emergency response?

If it is not an emergency and you would like to speak to a police officer, please call 101 from anywhere in the UK to get through to the force in your area.
Have you been a victim of crime?

We are unable to take information from victims of crime because we operate an anonymous service. If you are a victim of crime please contact the police immediately.
Are you receiving scam emails or phone calls?

If you are receiving emails or phone calls which you believe to be a scam, report this to Action Fraud or call us.
Do you have information about driving offences?

Information about driving offences includes: speeding, driving whilst on the phone, not wearing a seatbelt and careless/dangerous driving. The police need sworn witness testimony to pursue these offences so reports must be made directly to them.
Do you have a noise complaint?

Only your local authority can deal with noise complaints.
Do you have information about a dumped vehicle?

Please contact your local authority.
Do you have information about anti-social behaviour (ASB)?

The police need to receive this ASB information in real-time to be able to take action so we recommend that you contact the police.
Do you have information about fly-tipping?

If this is a one-off, you need to contact your local authority. However, if there is an element of organisation to the tipping, you can report it to us anonymously.

FAQs about information we can process

Q: Can I pass on information about missing people to HITA?
Answer: We take information about crimes and criminal activity, therefore we can only assist police if there is criminal involvement with the disappearance. This means we can only take information when there is a police appeal. For all other missing people appeals - where this is not a police appeal
Q: Can I pass on information about prostitution and solicitation to HITA?
Answer: We absolutely take all information on this.

HITA is not an emergency service, so it is important to contact the police immediately if there is an emergency occurring.


Our events provide an opportunity to network with coaches, businesses, law enforcement and community groups. They encourage collaborative working and have an impact on local communities.

  Want to volunteer at a HITA event?

Regional Conferences
We hold seminars on a quarterly basis throughout the year which provide an open platform for our key supporters, stakeholders and partners to engage with their local committees and find out about our upcoming regional activities and events. Motivational speakers, together with key representatives from law enforcement, corporate partners and community groups, take part in these events to engage in their fight against Anti-Social Behavior (ASB) and Crime, at local and national levels.

Sponsorship events
We raise valuable funds from events, but there are also many other ways to raise money for the charity. Click Here to Donate!
  Related pages
  Events in Your Area
  We host events across local and national levels.
   Find out more! Click Here

Help HITA fight crime in your community by donating to us today

Donate an amount